Human Relation Book Report : The Compound Effect

Human Relation Book Report
Name                          : Mira Aryuni
Book Title                    : The Compound Effect
Author                         : Darren Hardy
Publisher                     : SUCCESS Media
Copyright date            : 2010
            Darren Hardy is publishing and founding editor at SUCCESS magazine for two decades. He had unique and unfettered access to the most successful people such as Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, Donald Trump, Howard Schultz, Charles Schwab, Jeff Bezos and many more. He is an entrepreneur who uncovered the secrets their success and reveals them to over 2 million people through his page, blog, Twitter, Facebook even live audiences throughout the country. He is the mentor of many CEOs and advisor for large corporations. He is also sit on the board of several companies and non-profit organizations.
            This book discusses about the compound effect. The compound effect is a huge reward that someone get because series of small habit.  This habit should be positive and make somebody better than advance. The important one is the process. This small habit needs commitment and consistency. Otherwise, we cannot feel the impact due to stuck in the middle. Author explained that everybody has the same time in day which is 24 hours. The people has the right to decide what they want to do with this time. Whether use for fun or something useful. For example, person A decides to choose his rest time to eat junk food and watching TV meanwhile person B use his rest time to do exercise. If they keep this habit for certain time, we can see the different among them after couple month or years. Person A tend to be fattier than before and get some disease meanwhile person B have ideal body and healthy. This effect called compound effect.
            This subject related with material in the book. Chapter 6 tells about the attitude can shape the life. How the behavior influenced someone success. In line with this book to choose using the time with something productive, this book also encourages people to change the attitude to be happy, optimist, thinking without under pressure and keeping open mind. The good attitude delivers good employee for the organization. The good employee came from someone who using the time wisely so that create positive environment and make someone healthy and have a good mood. In the end, this employee will motivate another employee and create positive environment.
            This subject also related with chapter 17 about the power of habit. The habit is powerful force in life because it happens continuously and constantly. We decide our habit to be what kind of person that we want to be. If we choose to have a bad habit so bad impact will come to us. Vice versa, if we choose to have a good habit so positive impact will come to us.

            After reading this book, I realized that what author said is really informative. I felt that I need to change to be better. I need to change my bad habit into good habit. I spent most of my rest time for watching and scrolling down the phone. I need to find something useful for me. I was thinking about using my rest time to learn something new. I need to be consistent about that so I need to keep it tracks what I am doing. Then, after certain time I can feel the effect. For example, I choose to learn make a good website. It will take time and energy to be consistent. I spend an hour every day to learn it. I will make it as a daily routine. I believe after certain time I will be able to make a good website in the future.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts