dependability, accountability and integrity

Project G:  Competency 5:                                          Name: Mira Aryuni

Demonstrate a positive attitude.  (Analyze industry standards of personal dependability, accountability and integrity.  List evidence of meeting industry standards.)

The article, “What Do Employers Really Want?  Top Skills and Values Employers Seek from Job-Seekers,” by Randal S. Hansen, Ph.D. and Katharine Hansen, Ph.D.  includes employee standards of personal dependability, accountability and integrity. 

The article continues to explain that a positive attitude can be evidenced as follows:

Dependability/ Reliability/ Accountability.   There is no question that all employers desire employees who will arrive to work every day—on time—and ready to work, and who will take responsibility for their actions.  Employers seek employees who love what they do and will keep at it until they solve the problem or get the job done.  This skill is further described as a dependable, responsible contributor with commitment to excellence and success.

Integrity/Honesty/Morality.  Employers probably respect personal integrity more than any other value, especially in light of the many recent corporate scandals.   This skill is further described as a seasoned professional whose honesty and integrity provide for effective leadership and optimal business relationships.

Using the table below, identify your positive attitude attributes by providing true examples of each.  If you need more room to write, please attach a supplemental page.

At Work
Dependability
I am being able to come on time.
When I was working in Indonesia (2016), we had briefing every morning in our institution. The briefing started at 8.am. I always came at 7.30 am
Accountability
When I was working in Indonesia (2016), I made monthly report and submit to supervisor before deadline ends. I did well because my supervisor never complaint and said my report was good and approved it.
Integrity
When I was working in Indonesia (2016), I managed donation project for small home industry from government. It could be money or things for support their business. So, I was the person who proposed the group to receive the donation. One of my superior persuaded me to proposed one group that he knew (relative). At that time, I had my own choice. I did check the group that he mentioned. I found that my own choice was more deserved for the donation than another group instead. So, I denied to proposed the group that he mentioned.
At Home (Family)
Dependability
When I was at home (2017), I dependable to keep house clean. When I was doing cleaning, I will clean every single space at house from front to the back.
Accountability
I have another little brother in my hometown. He graduated senior high school in 2016. He did not want to continue study because he thought just wastes a time. He wanted to be a police officer so he followed the selection but he did not pass it.  My mother asked him to continue study first but he denied. So, he spent one year with nothing. As a sister, I tried to give him picture about the benefit to continue study. I’ve talk with him as a friend and try to understand his mind. Actually, he was a hard person. I talked to him that he still can follow the selection after he finished study. His degree will give more opportunity and better position. I persuade him not in one time but I did many times slowly. Finally, he agreed to continue study. He enrolled in one of university in 2017 with law major.
Integrity
When I was working in Indonesia (2017), I got message from my mom to buy the food when I finished work. I said yes and will buy when I’m heading home. That was long day so I forgot about my mom’s order. After arrived home, I just went to room for rest. When I lay down and checked messages that I did not read yet. I found my mom’s message that I already have time to read. It was written “thank you” and I realized about the order. So, I got up and went to buy the food. When I hand it over I said sorry because I forgot and made her waiting
With Friends
Dependability
I was being able to motivate my friends. When I’m studying in US, my friends always ask for my advice or just be their listeners. We do video call to keep communication. In last year, my two friends did not get job yet. They felt pressure come toward them. They were hopeless. I motivated them to not give up and keep fighting. I said the failure is part of process. I boosted their power and assure that they can make it. Then they feel more energetic. Good news, my two friends finally get their jobs and I am happy for them.
Accountability
In winter break 2017, My 3 Indonesian-friend had a conflict. The conflict was about misunderstanding. So, I was being mediator for them. I heard from A side and understand the problem and his point of view. Then I also heard from B side about their point of view. The problem due to lack of communication. So, I’ve tried to explain to both side what was the cause and made it clear. I’ve tried to make their relation better with gave good compliment to them. I made their emotion calm down and set for chilling together. In the end, they laughed together.
Integrity
My friend in Indonesia asked me to help translating her document to English in last November. I said I will try because I’ve became busy of assignment nowadays. I was afraid I can’t make it. She will have open trial for her bachelor so she need to complete the document in 5 days. 3 days passed and I still could not make it. In 4th day, I woke up in midnight and remember about her. I can understand her position. So, I did translating her document because I if I didn’t make it I will feel bad because I cannot help her. I did hers than mine in first place.

HELPFUL RESOURCE:  Webster’s Definitions:

·       Dependability: capable of being depended on: reliable.
·       Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.

·       Integrity: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values.

Comments

Popular Posts