Common Slangs in Texting



            Since language always changes, texting-style also got new slangs, especially for teenagers. Some of us sometime have no idea what the slangs or abbreviations stand for. I also felt the same.  In this article, I will tell some common abbreviations or slangs that teenagers always use (especially me) in texting in social media.  I know some of you guys may be familiar with most of them. They are:
1.      Idk = I don’t know
2.     ikr = I know, right
3.     IIRC = if I recall/remember correctly
4.     K = okay
5.     Okey dokey = sip okey
6.     Brb = be right back
7.     Sflr = sorry for late reply
8.     Lmao = laughing my ass off
9.     Anywy = anyway
10.  Btw = by the way
11.  Otw = on the way
12.  Roftl = rolling on the floor laughing
13.  Lol = lots of laughs/ laugh out loud
14.  G2g = got to go = gotta go
15.  ETA = estimated time of arrival
16.  Ppl = people
17.  Nvm = nevermind
18.  Hbu = how (a)bout you
19.  Wyd = what you doing
20.  Tho = though
21.  Sup = what’s up
22.  U = you
23.  M = I’m
24.  R = are
25.  Y = why
26.  Wtf = what the f***
27.  Wth = what the hell
28.  Omg = oh my god
29.  Ftw = for the winner
30.  Pls = please
31.  Yay = yes, yeah
32.  Nay, nah = no
33.  Asap = as soon as possible
34.  Lmk = let me (lemme) know
35.  Srsly = seriously
36.  Afaik = as far as I know
37.  Ttyl = talk to you later
38.  P.s = post script
39.  A.k.a = also known as
40.  C u = see you
41.  Bf/gf =boyfriend/girlfriend
42.  Imo = in my opinion
43.  Jk = just kidding
44.  Smth =something
45.  Tbh = to be honest
46.  Fyi = for your information
47.  Cmiiw = correct me if I’m wrong
48.  Kinda = kind of

49.  Wym = what you mean

Comments

Popular Posts