THE BEST PLACES MUST VISIT IN NEW YORK, AS




If someone says about New York, I think everybody knows where it is. We heard “New York” from movie, song, news or everywhere. That is a well-known city. Many people from over the world come to the New York for many reasons. Those are studying, business even travelling. The last reason becomes the highest reason I think. Based on Durkin, 2018 “The total number of visitors jumped to 62.8 million, an increase of 2.3 million since 2016” (Durkin E, 2018. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/new-york-city-sees-record-high-tourism-numbers-2017-article-1.3886521). New York became one of my checked lists when I was in the US. I was traveling with 4 Indonesian friends in the winter break. Our journey had started from Washington DC. We left early morning by bus from Union Station, Washington DC. Union Station was the biggest station in Washington DC. We used Megabus at that time. Megabus was a famous bus used for moving from one city to another city. It cost about $81 for 4 people.







After arrived NY, we felt hungry. So, we decided to have lunch on McD around us. After that, we were planning to go to Airbnb that we booked before. We were planning to take Uber but the cost driving us crazy. So, we took a step to try Subway even we heard that New York subway was complicated. We bought subway card named “Metro Card” for ease movement. This card was a thin orange card. It took us changed the subway 2 times to arrive the shelter that near with our Airbnb. We chose Airbnb because it was not expensive compared the hotel. Furthermore, it also had decent facilities. Our Airbnb was in Brooklyn so that easy for us to travel around the city. After took a short rest, we started our journey.

1.    Brooklyn Bridge
       This is a famous bridge in the world. Located in Manhattan, this bridge had many visitors every day. In our visit day, there were many people came from over the world. I can tell that because I saw their look and language. I was amazed because finally, I was there. Back days, I saw only in the movie. At our visiting, that was freaking cold because in the winter season. But it wasn’t our reason to not enjoy our time at this bridge.







2.   Times Square
       Who doesn’t know Times square? It is center of tourist attraction. Many big billboards over there. It will be sex for your eyes. In this place also held new year ceremony every year with many famous people took a part in that event. I loved to enjoy walking over there, saw many busy people, yellow taxi and many more. I also enjoyed spending time in big McD. I felt like travel around the world because I could see many kinds of people ate there.







3.    Liberty Statue

       This statue became a symbol for the US. I’ve grateful could see it with my bare eyes. We took a tour with a ferry. Even though we weren’t going the island but had a chance to see directly was enough for me. It was fucking cold, I was struggling badly to stand for taking pictures.




4.   New York Public Library
       This is a big library with complete facilities. The architecture was amazing. This place was calm and had Wi-Fi to support your study or to kill your time. If you are into library, you should visit this place. Even Running man (if you knew Korean reality show), did shooting in this library.




5.   Grand Central Terminal (GTC)
       Eits, this GTC is not as same as GTC Mangga II in Indonesia. In Indonesia, GTC is the place for shopping. But in NY, GTC is the big station in this city. I’ve visited this place when I was exploring this city. That place was huge and attractive.



6.   St. Patrick Cathedral Church
       This one was a famous church in NY. Many tourists stopped by to do worship or only to visit. This building was beautiful. You are going to be amazed.



7.    American Museum of Natural History
      This was a huge museum with many histories. There were many kinds of history that we could know about.






      I visited many places but didn’t take many pictures because the weather was fucking cold. So, I was not being able to take off the glove for taking pictures. Then, the picture that I took lost because my phone got broken. Luckily, I still have few left for the bonus.













Comments

Popular Posts